Sunday, August 14, 2022

Combustion by Justin Boote


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Five "Burning Demon" Stars

Occult Horror!

A taste of what lies within:

Detective Ronald Henderson arrives on a scene that is baffling as a well known firefighter is dead in his house burnt to ashes. No one seems to know what happened or what would have caused his ashy demise especially when nothing else around him is burned. But then another man (a firefighter) is found dead the same way and the detective wonders if maybe they have an arson serial killer on their hands except this time there was a witness - the man's young son, Sam saw what happened. 

Detective Henderson is not able to retrieve much from the boy and the more he digs trying to find out what is happened the more he seems to become stalled with finding answers. Then another body is found at the school - a student who is known for being a bully and Detective Henderson has a bad inkling that maybe it could be the boy, Sam. 

When all evidence finally points to Sam, Detective Henderson is at his wit's end because Sam is no longer Sam as a demon has invaded the boy's body and it plans on bring hellfire down literally to anyone who gets in its way! 

Thoughts:

This was my second reread of this book as I have Justin over in my Goodreads group, Castle Terror this month (March 2024) and I loved this book as much the second time around as the first time I read it! 

This is an excellent book as I was once again propelled forward into this story at the speed of light as right away something happens which drew me into the book! The story pace is fast and the deep mystery of what is happening with the "why it is happening" just becomes the focal point of the story until it is revealed that there is a demon involved. 

From the point in the story when the demon is revealed the book moves at even a faster pace and I once again I was reading this book quickly it seems as things go into overdrive where I am reading "chunks of pages at a time" as everything is happening at once! 

Keep an eye out on Justin Boote as he is up and coming - I have read a few of his books already and he does not disappoint! 


Attached is the author, Justin Boote, profile page from Goodreads:

Justin Boote

Attached is the author, Justin Boote, profile page from Amazon:

Justin Boote

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment