Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Devil's Fingers by Hunter Shea

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Fungus Mutation" Stars


Camping Horrors!

A small taste of what lies within:

Autumn Winters along with some friends are out camping in the woods when they come across a fungus on the ground that seems to be covering a small field. Lucky for Autumn she knows what it is as she is a botanist but she is curious to know why the fungus which is known as the Devil's Fingers is growing in such an odd place. 

When two of her friends (Dan and Carrie) sleep out under the stars they accidentally lay down in an area where the fungus is growing and by morning they are literally covered in the fungus spores which seem to have attached themselves to their bodies. 

Autumn and the rest of her friends are horrified as they try to figure out what to do and how to get help as the fungus seems to be taking over her friends and any kind of help is far away from where they are located! 

That is about all I can give on a small taste so if you want to know more then go read this book! 

Thoughts:

This was a fast paced creepy horror adventure that I just could hardly lay down! Author, Hunter Shea once again proves why he is the master of creature feature horror as he wraps the reader up with this book that is drowning in creepy mutated fungus! 

This is a short read though so it didn't take me long to fly through it but I was on the edge of my seat with this book as lots happens quickly and Shea puts the pedal to the metal with this story as the more that things happened the more I kept reading. 

I liked all the characters in this story as well and felt bad for some of them when things began happening to them. There is some bleakness within this story but the fast paced action kept me turning my kindle pages at super sonic speed! 


Attached is the author, Hunter Shea, profile page from Goodreads:

Hunter Shea

Attached is the author, Hunter Shea, profile page from Amazon:

Hunter Shea

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review


No comments:

Post a Comment