Saturday, June 17, 2023

A Room for the Dead by Noel Hynd

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Supernatural Shivers" Stars


Creepy Under Your Skin Vibes!

A small taste of what lies within:

Frank O'Hara who is a detective sergeant that had a hand in sending an evil killer, Gary Ledbetter to the electric chair years ago is shaken to his core as bodies are now turning up that is parallel to Ledbetter's MO and Frank doesn't know if there is a copycat killer running loose or if maybe Ledbetter is killing from beyond the grave! 

That is about all I can give on a small taste so if that sounds intriguing then go read this book!

Thoughts:

It has been a long time since I read a book by Noel Hynd but I have owned this kindle book for a long time and thought I would step into it. I am so glad that I did as the crime thriller aspects of the story mixed within a haunting was right up my alley. 

The book was a little slow to get going but by the time I hit the 20% mark it picked up gradually and then really took off around the 30% mark. Lots of spooky shiver vibes within this story as it unfolded with the mystery of whether the character Ledbetter was the cause of the recent killings even though he was dead. 

The author slowly built up the dread and fear of the haunting along with the mystery of the crimes that was taking place. After reading this book I am planning on pursuing more books by Hynd. The last book I read by him was his book, Ghosts which I read a long time ago - sometime back in the 90's - not too long after it was published. So it is time to check to see what else he has out there to add to my tbr. 


Attached is the author, Noel Hynd, profile page from Goodreads:

Noel Hynd

Attached is the author, Noel Hynd, profile page from Amazon:

Noel Hynd

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment