Thursday, September 22, 2022

Ghost Mine by Hunter Shea

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Haunting Horror" Stars


Spooks & Creatures!

A small taste of what lies within:

Nat Blackburn along with his best friend, Teta are sent out on an investigation from president Teddy Roosevelt to find out what happened to some soldiers that were sent to Hecla Wyoming as they were to check into some goings on at a mine out in the town, but they never returned to report their findings.

When Nat and Teta arrive out in Hecla - the town is anything but friendly but when they finally get their gear together to go check out the mine, they find something far beyond their imagination as something big and furry resides within but they learn it is no bear. 

The more they investigate the more they find out that the mine is actually haunted and they will have to dig deep to find out not only why it is haunted but what type of creature has made the mine its lair!

That is about all I can give on a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you are intrigued enough to learn more then you will need to read the book! 

Thoughts:

Author, Hunter Shea went far back into the western territory with this story as this setting all happens in the 1800's.  I was drawn right into the story and the pace is fast once the characters, Nat and Teta are introduced.  I am not really into reading western stories, but I normally will make an exception if they are horror westerns. If horror is somehow mixed into the story then I will read the book. 

This story turned out to be a mix of creatures and haunting so it is really the best of both worlds when it comes to Hunter Shea writing the story and I found myself becoming more invested in the time of reading the book as it seemed more things were happening to the characters. Another great book by this author and I will be adding the book to my favorites shelf. 


Attached is the author, Hunter Shea, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5224760.Hunter_Shea

Attached is the author, Hunter Shea, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Shea/e/B007RMLXAA

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

2 comments:

  1. I agree - Hunter Shea can always be relied upon to write gripping, suspenseful books that invariably leave me wishing I had written them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have that skillful technique Cat with gripping the reader and pulling them into your world! :)

      Delete