Thursday, September 1, 2022

Where the Dead Walk by John Bowen

 


๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

Four "Mysterious Haunting" Stars


Spooky Sรฉances! 

A taste of what lies within:

The paranormal tv show "Where the Dead Walk" hosted by Kate Bennett have been offered a chance to go explore a mansion owned by Sebastian Dahl who believes the mansion is haunted. Normally the tv crew are not on the up and up with the show as they sometimes pretend that the places are haunted to keep viewers watching the show, but this time when they explore the mansion they soon find out that what it holds inside is real. 

One of their main crew, Charles who is a medium realizes that there truly is something evil inside the mansion and when they decide to perform a sรฉance they soon learn that the evil somehow wants Kate but to what purpose no one knows, but it will take all of their skills and investigating to dig deep into the mystery of the mansion or else Kate will end up in the clutches of whatever lies within the mansion.

That is about all I can on a taste without giving away spoilers. If you want to know more than you will need to read the book!

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author and I was drawn right away into the mystery of the story. Though the more I became involved in the story the more I learned that the book was mostly just a haunting mystery. Almost the whole book was the tv crew looking for answers of why the mansion was haunted.  

The story literally slowed down for me from the 30% mark to 70% mark with just the characters running around trying to find answers to their questions. I really was planning on giving this book three stars as it just seemed to drag along at a snails pace, but the last 30% of the book is where all the "mansion mystery" went into a full scale onslaught of  everything coming together and what was truly going on within the story which drove my rating up to one more star as I literally could not put the book down with all that was happening within the story. 

So for the most part this book was kind of a slow burn - the mystery and suspense kept my attention through most of the book but there were times that I wanted to just read something else as it was dragging with tons of dialogue that I felt wasn't needed for the story. There was too much talking and not enough haunting action but all in all it is a good haunted mystery story. 

I just realized that there is a second book that features the paranormal tv crew so I am curious how that book will be compared to this one. I will try it out at some point to see if maybe it will be scarier than this book as this story is not scary at all. There are no nightmares laying beyond the doors of this story! 


Attached is the author, John Bowen, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8344638.John_Bowen

Attached is the author, John Bowen, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/John-Bowen/e/B00K3NTOTW

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment