Thursday, September 8, 2022

Strangers by Michaelbrent Collings

 




🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Psycho Scary" Stars

Nail-Biting Tension!

A taste of what lies within:

What would you do if you woke up in your home to find out that you are literally trapped inside with no way to get out? 

That is what happens to this family of four in this story as a psycho breaks into their home silently without them knowing it - then while they are sleeping he drugs them so they do not wake up for awhile as he goes through their house doing stuff to windows and doors so they cannot get out. 

When they wake up and find out they are sealed within their own home their panic goes into overdrive as they do everything in their power to try and get out their home while in the background somewhere the psycho plays with them like a cat and mouse game driving them all to the brink of insanity! 

Thoughts:

First time reading this author though I have a few of his books simmering on my kindle and I was pleasantly surprised by the immediate hook of the story as I was dragged into a nightmare of intense psychological horror which kept my insomnia fueled a few nights!

However, having enjoyed the story as much as I did I felt that near a 400 page book (kindle pages were 374) was a little long and drawn out with almost a play by play of the characters as they tried to get out of their home. The whole setting of the story is inside the house as the family goes into survival mode on how to escape the clutches of this psycho guy. This is the reason for a four star read instead of a five star read. 

I loved the tension and crazy intense story with the family just about to have panic attacks as they try to figure out what they can do to get out of their predicament but for a long book like that I just felt it could have been shorter story. 

I have a few more books on my kindle by this author so I will be stepping into more of his work to see what else he has out there in the horror realm and also this is a series so I will be checking out the second book soon as there was sort of a cliff hanger at the end of this book.  


Attached is the author, Michaelbrent Collings, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3153841.Michaelbrent_Collings

Attached is the author, Michaelbrent Collings, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Michaelbrent-Collings/e/B003VSI88O

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment