Friday, November 19, 2021

Authors I Have Discovered - Part IV

 



My fourth list of 10 favorite authors that I have discovered in the last five years in no particular order are as follows:



Alan Aspinall
(Horror)

Goodreads Author Profile: 

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/20816884.Alan_Aspinall

Amazon Author Profile:

https://www.amazon.com/Alan-Aspinall/e/B08MWK182B

I read the book "Lucy" (The Fading Light Book 1) back in February and I loved the book as it drew me in right away keeping me glued to my kindle.  The first book was a spooky ride and set the tone for the other books in the series. Since February I have read the other two in the series as well and looking forward to reading other books that this author has coming down the pike! 

Books Read:

Lucy (The Fading Light Book 1)
The Shepherd (The Fading Light Book 2)
We Are Many (The Fading Light Book 3)




Eric Butler
(Horror)

Goodreads Author Profile: 


Amazon Author Profile:


Website of Author:


I read the book, "The Pope Lick Massacre" back in April. I was "wowed" right away as the book turned out to be a gory romp filled with lots of blood and splatter parts! Right up my extreme alleyways! I have four more books by this author simmering on my kindle and I am hoping to get to them after the new year. 

Book Read:

The Pope Lick Massacre
Donn, TX 1969
Donn, TX 1865
Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny



Jeff Menapace
(Thriller/Horror/Suspense)

Goodreads Author Profile:


Amazon Author Profile:


Website of Author:


Another great author I discovered actually from the recommendation of a friend and I stepped into this series last year as well. I read the first three books and I need to continue on with the series. The writing style just kept me totally hooked into the books which made me grab some more books by this author. I actually have a few more books that I need to read by this author as well. 

Books Read:

Bad Games Boxset (The Complete Trilogy)




Grady Hendrix 
(Horror/Science Fiction) 

Goodreads Author Profile:


Amazon Author Profile:


Website of Author:


I had seen where everyone over on Goodreads was reading the book "Paperbacks from Hell" early last year and the year before, so I had the opportunity to read it as well and "Wow" what a cool book! It literally took me down memory lane of a time when I use to go the bookstores and thrift shops that had horror books lined up on the shelves with the coolest covers I had ever seen. Sometimes the covers were almost as cool as the stories, but this book captured those feelings and brought them back into focus. I have a few more books on my tbr by this author. 

Book Read:

Paperbacks from Hell
We Sold Our Souls




Scott Thomas
(horror)

Goodreads Author Profile:


Amazon Author Profile:


Website of Author:


I read this author's book "Kill Creek" last year and "wow" I was instantly pulled into his world as the book just grabbed me with not letting me go till the end. Since then I have done a buddy read of this book again with some friends from Goodreads as the creepiness of this book is a perfect read for Halloween. The author has another book out that I need to step into at some point. 

Book Read:

Kill Creek




Tom Lewis 
(Horror)

Goodreads Author Profile:


Amazon Author Profile:


The book "Hell: Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens" was one of my top reads of 2018 as I just love to read horror that sends skittering chills down my spine and this book not only did that, but I think it could actually be turned into a movie! This year I read the author's newest book "Hell: The Necromancer" and it was another skittering spine chiller! If you want two books that will scare your socks off then go check out these books and this author. My warning would be: Be prepared to be scared! 

Books Read:

Hell: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens
Hell: The Necromancer




Rick Wood
(Horror/Thriller/Suspense)

Goodreads Author Profile:


Amazon Author Profile:


Website of Author:


I have had this author on my radar for awhile but I stepped into his book "Shutter House" last year. Since then I started reading the series "The Sensitives" Paranormal Horror Series - I have read the first three books and need to read the rest of them which I do own. The creepiness of his stories just dig down deep into your psych and keep you rooted in fear.  I have quite a few more books on my kindle besides the Sensitives series that I need to read at some point in time. 

Books Read:

Shutter House
The Sensitives (Books 1 - 3)

 


Jason Parent 
(Horror/Thriller/Science Fiction)

Goodreads Author Profile:


Amazon Author Profile:


Website of Author:


This author had been coming across my Goodreads feed for a long time and I kept seeing the book "They Feed" pop up on the Goodreads site so I decided to take the plunge back in 2018!  After reading that book which is about camping horrors with interesting insects I decided right then and there "no camping for me" - ever! πŸ˜€  Since then I read his book "Eight Cylinders" which was a fun read and I have added more of his books on my kindle which I need to read. 

Books Read:

They Feed
Eight Cylinders
Seeing Evil (Cycle of Evil #1)
Hearing Evil (Cycle of Evil #2)




Jeff DeGordick 
(Horror/Science Fiction)

Goodreads Author Profile:


Amazon Author Profile:


The first time I tried out this author was Halloween 2019 as I read the book "The Witch of Halloween House" with a buddy over on Goodreads.  The writing style just flowed along smoothly and I was captured by how quick the author was able to pull me into his world. Since then I have read a few more books by this author and I have a few more on my kindle ready to go. 

Books Read:

The Witch of Halloween House
Ghosthunter (The Haunted Hamlet Book 1)
Ghoststalker (The Haunted Hamlet Book 2)
Ghosthouse  (The Haunted Hamlet Book 3)
The Haunting of Bloodmoon House
The Ghosts of Jasper Bayou
The Fall of Man (Zombie Apocalypse #1)



Christopher Motz
(Horror)

Goodreads Author Profile: 


Amazon Author Profile:


Website of Author:



This author I have had his books on my kindle for a long time as well and finally decided to step into his world this year which I am happy that I did. I had been seeing some of his books come across my Goodreads feeds from friends, so I decided to check him out and this book "Tenants" was right up my alley as it turned out to be a blood and gore romp! I have a few more by this author to explore and will step back into his world soon! 

Book Read:

Tenants
Pine Lakes





That is a wrap for this blog post!

Happy Reading Everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment