Thursday, September 19, 2024

The Suffering by M.J. Mars

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Ouija Board Woes" Stars


Spine Shivers!

A small taste of what lies within:

Kyle Birbeck along with a few of his college friends decide that they want to reach out to the other side through a Ouija board to contact ghosts that were supposedly laid to rest inside Brackney House, a house that is connected to his ancestors. 

Kyle learns that there are five ghosts and all of them were evil to the core, but what Kyle doesn't realize is that once contact is made the ghosts come alive in a sense and end up binding themselves to each of the friends! 

That is about all I can hand out on a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you are intrigued then go read this book!

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author and I was impressed with how creepy this book started out and kept me glued to the pages of my kindle.  The story was just seeped with dread and fear as the characters in the story had to endure different situations with some evil ghosts. 

The ghost concept was cool and different with how the author wrote the story which grabbed me right away and took me down the spooky shivers road with lots of insomnia fueled nights. The pace was a little slow in the beginning with backstory world building but all of it was saturated in an atmospheric haunting world. 

It seems the author has some stories in anthologies and a couple more books that I need to check out in the future. 


Attached is the author, M.J. Mars, profile page from Goodreads:

M. J. Mars

Attached is the author, M.J. Mars, profile page from Amazon:

M. J. Mars

Attached is my review from Goodreads: 

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment