Sunday, December 19, 2021

The Spider by Amy Cross

 


πŸ•·️πŸ•Έ️πŸ•·️πŸ•Έ️
Four "Spooky Spider" Webs


Spider Scares!

A taste of what lies within:

Edward Moss has moved back into his home that he had left after his wife, Nessa had passed away. After being gone for two years, he has decided that it is time to move on with his life and he has decided to fix up the house that he had shared with his wife. When Edward starts seeing spiders he wants to kill them so he tries to hunt them down and killing them. 



Edward finally starts losing his grip on reality though when he thinks the spiders are invading his mind and body along with him thinking he sees shadows and a ghost of his beloved Nessa. 

Are the spiders real? Or are they just in Edward's mind? Is Edward really seeing the ghost of Nessa? No spoilers here as you will need to read the book!

Thoughts:

I felt sympathy for the character, Edward as he was still going through a mourning process of his wife that had died, so I could see where his mind might not be fully intact as he seemed vulnerable to what was happening in the house with the spiders. 

This book was different and at times I felt a drag-down because it seemed to have a little bit of repetition and slowing of the storyline, but then something would happen to pick the pace right back up. There was a major twist at the end that I didn't see coming which threw the book into overdrive and I ended up finishing it during the night!

With books by this author, I never know what to expect as Amy Cross never stays in one world with her stories. She is always unpredictable with what kind of story she will have next and I love it because I never know what will be waiting for me on the other side of the door!


Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5344482.Amy_Cross

Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Amy-Cross/e/B006DE8I6U

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment