Thursday, December 23, 2021

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

 


✨✨✨✨✨

Five "Magical" Stars


Wow! This book was awesome and excellent all wrapped up together in a bow!

It has taken me a long time to step into this world as far as the books go, but I have already been in this world with the movies as I own the complete dvd set. I just hadn't stepped into the book world part...until now. I have started reading the books in this world and started this one last year. I should have done a binge read of them all but I became ensnared in other books to read. I have since stepped back into reading them and will continue on with the series this next year of 2022. 




I am not going to do my taste within like I normally do with my blog reviews as everyone worldwide knows the story of Harry Potter as this book is now considered a classic, but I will give my thoughts on how the book made me feel.

I loved all the characters even Malfoy as he just gets under my skin, but nothing gets under my skin worse than the Dursleys. They are the worst excuse for an Uncle and Aunt treating Harry the way they did. Dudley of course is a spoiled brat, but thankfully Harry is able to at least get some peace away from all of them when he goes to Hogwarts.

I thought that the book was more detailed than the movie as I could see some different variations throughout the book, but the movie didn't step too far away from the actual happenings that are in the book. I thought that Snape seemed more "mean and hateful" in the book compared to the movie. In the movie, he is more tolerable but in the book he just has a mean streak in him that runs a little rampant.

The friendship of Harry, Hermione, and Ron just meshes together so well in the book that it almost makes them seem like the three musketeers - always together and always in some kind of trouble. There is quite a bit of that "one for all and all for one" going on with them in the story as they would rather stick together then go it alone when it comes to going on their adventure capers around the school.




It is kind of funny but after seeing all the movies and now starting to read the books, I could actually see stuff played out from the movie instead of my imagination. Normally when reading books your imagination makes things up as you read the books of how the world looks, but when reading books that have been converted to movies there is no imagination left as the only thing you see is what you have already seen a hundred times on the movie screen! πŸ˜„   The book was still enjoyable, fun, and very entertaining!


Attached is the author, J. K. Rowling, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1077326.J_K_Rowling

Attached is the author, J. K. Rowling, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/J-K-Rowling/e/B000AP9A6K

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3640176578


No comments:

Post a Comment