Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Spine Chillers: Hair Raising Tales by Q. L. Pearce

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Spooky & Creepy Vibes" Stars


Spooks & Creatures! 

A small taste of what lies within: 

There are seven short stories that lie within this book so I am going to list them out and give just a tiny cryptic note on each story. 

The House on Beech Street: 

Friends decide to check out a haunted house but something decides to check them out. 

Night Crawler:

A zoo harbors more than ordinary animals - something else lurks. 

Hale Hollow Woods:

A house located deep within Hale Hollow is not as empty as some people seem to think - something else lives there. 

Seaworthy:

Winning a race isn't all its cracked up to be for one young man who just wants to win a race against his friends. He soon learns that a ship is waiting for him. 

Blackout:

Friends find out that creatures only love the dark but hate the light and humans are on the menu. 

The Healer:

A brother finds out that his sister has a special gift. 

Prom Date:

An urban legend comes to life for some friends that are out for revenge. 


Thoughts:

This was a new author to me as she was recommended to me by a friend and I had to check out this horror short stories collection. I loved all the stories and I loved the writing style of the author. I kind of zoomed through this book as the pace and flow of all the stories just kept me glued to my kindle! 

The stories would probably be considered YA but they all worked for me as I just love anything horror and all of the stories had some sort of creepy vibe to them all! This would be a great book to read around Halloween too just for the spookiness of the stories! I have found another new to me author to explore! 

Amazon Author Profile of Q. L. Pearce:

Q. L. Pearce


Goodreads Review:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment