Monday, May 20, 2024

What Hides Within by Jason Parent

 


☀  ☀  ☀  ☀  

Four "Spider Hider" Stars


Comedy Horror!

A small taste of what lies within:

Clive Menard is out for a boat ride with his girlfriend when he becomes entangled in a spider cobweb and then accidentally falls overboard into the water. When he gets back in the boat his ears are water logged and he cannot figure out why the water will not flush out from his ear. Little does he know that something is lodged down deep into his ear and things go from bad to worse in the following days to come!

That is about all I can give on a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you want to know more then go read this book!

Thoughts:

This story was unique with how the story unfolds and there is quite a bit of humor laced within the storyline that made me giggle and laugh out loud a few times. I wasn't expecting really comedy horror until I became more involved in the storyline and I really liked all the characters in this book including Clive as I felt sorry for him with all what he goes through in the book. 

The story flows along at a good pace as I wanted to keep turning the pages to see what would happen next to poor Clive. There was some tension moments too along with some suspense. All in all this was a great story and I really enjoyed how it all played out over the course of the book. 

Attached is the author, Jason Parent, profile page from Goodreads:

Jason Parent

Attached is the author, Jason Parent, profile page from Amazon:


My review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment