Monday, December 12, 2022

One Star - Amy Cross


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Twisted Revenge" Stars


One Crazy Horror Ride!

A small taste of what lies within:

Harry Jenkins read a book that he hated so he gave it a one star review and wrote some mean things in the review raking the book over the hot coals. Months later their seaside village where him and his wife, Debbie live ends up having some vandalism but it is all very peculiar as the local residents are gone for the winter and the only person left is the Jenkins and one elderly neighbor Mrs. Crawford. 

Harry doesn't know what to think about why these things are happening till a woman (Abigail Cane) appears stating that she is renting a cottage from one of the neighbors. All of it is unusual of why Abigail just happens to be there at that time when all the vandalism is going on, but there is far more going on than what Harry realizes and before it is all over he will wish that he had never read that book!  

Thoughts: 

This was a great twisted fast paced story which kept me wanting to find out what was going to happen next! I wasn't too crazy about the character, Harry as he was a motor mouth through most of the book and the rest of the characters were just a little wacky to me.

The story goes into overdrive at about the 40% mark and it continues that way for most of the book. I don't think the book ever slows down as I found myself staying awake late into the night as I wanted to see what the Jenkins family and the character, Abigail were going to being dealing with next.  There was a huge major twist near the end of the book that pulled the rug out from under me and the twist was so big that I never saw it coming! 


Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5344482.Amy_Cross

Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Amy-Cross/e/B006DE8I6U

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5135157834


 

No comments:

Post a Comment