Friday, January 5, 2024

Salem's Lot by Stephen King

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Vampire Scary" Stars

Spooky Suspense!

A small taste of what lies within:

Ben Mears is headed back to Jerusalem's Lot (a/k/a Salem's Lot) to fight some old ghosts that he experienced there when he was a kid. Ben is a horror author now and he wants some inspiration for his book from the town where he grew up. But nothing seems to have changed much especially the old house that overlooks the town - Marsten House. 

When Ben learns that the old house has been bought by someone that the town barely knows his suspicious meter goes up as why would someone from out of town want the old ramshackle house and when Ben investigates a little more he learns there is quite a bit of mystery surrounding the new owners and it is worrisome of what they could be up to with owning the Marsten House. Though what is even more worrisome is when he finds out that they are more than what they appear to be and what kind of plans they have for the people in the town! 

Thoughts: 

I read this book way back in the late 80's and my memory of the story was kind of fuzzy so I decided to do a reread of it to get the story more clear in my head. I remember that it was spooky when I first read it back then and wanted to see if I still thought it was spooky this time around too which I found it to be more suspenseful and had tons of spookiness that gave me shivers along my skin! 

The Master of Horror delivers a vampire masterpiece story that digs deep down into your psyche and doesn't want to let you go. I loved all the characters in this story and there are way more than a few to keep track of but the main ones of the story give a grand performance that kept me turning my kindle pages at turbo speed to find out what was going to happen next! 

This book is definitely staying on my favorites shelf and probably should be read around the Halloween season for extra vampire flavor! 


Attached is the author, Stephen King, profile page from Goodreads:

Stephen King

Attached is the author, Stephen King, profile page from Amazon:

Stephen King

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

2 comments:

  1. I read it back in the 80s too. This review makes me want to re-read it!

    ReplyDelete