Saturday, June 11, 2022

Dracul by Dacre Stoker & J. D. Barker

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Spooky & Suspenseful Vampire" Stars


Creepy Shivers! 

I am not going to do a taste as I am just going to share my thoughts of the book. 




Thoughts:

Wow! Wow! Wow! This book was freaking amazing! The gothic style writing and story was a total gripper! A small slow burn in the beginning of the book but that was to be expected as the book jumps back and forth between the past and the present as the world building is set up for what is to come. 

Most of the book is written like a journal from different points of view from the characters (Bram and his sister Matilda along with their brother, Thornley plus another character that shows up later in the book) within the story. I loved the journals more than anything as they just kept me saturated in fear. 

Fear you say?! Yes - this was one spooked out book! I consider myself hardcore horror but sometimes there are those books that seep under your skin and embed deep into your psyche with a slow buildup of unrelenting fear of the unknown. The visuals of what happens with each character made me feel that I was there with them. 

As much as I hate to say it, but I loved this book more than Dracula as this whole book just gave me the "heebie-jeebies" and I was having some crazy wild nightmares that involved vampires. 

If you want a book that will scare you out of your skin then you need to read this book! I would not read it at night as when the darkness seeps in around you then you might find yourself not alone as if you look in the corner of your room you just might find evil red eyes glaring your way! 

Highly recommend!


Attached is the author, Dacre Stoker, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2909175.Dacre_Stoker

Attached is the author, Dacre Stoker, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Dacre-Stoker/e/B097HJG9BC

Attached is the author, J.D. Barker, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8224327.J_D_Barker

Attached is the author, J.D. Barker, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/J-D-Barker/e/B005FCUYU4

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

2 comments:

  1. Many times a slow burning creepy spook can scare you more than full on gory horror dripping off a page.. building up dread is key! Great review Marie!

    ReplyDelete