Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Charnel House by Graham Masterton

 


πŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΏπŸ‘ΏπŸ‘Ώ

Five "Wicked Scary" Demons

Screaming Terror! 

A taste of what lies within:

John Hyatt gets all kinds of clients walking through his door at the sanitation department in San Francisco, but when an elderly man (Seymour Willis) comes to see him complaining of hearing "breathing" in his house, John is thinking the man is a little looney. John tries to tell Seymour that he doesn't take care of breathing sounds, but the man is insistent to the point that John finally gives in.

When John and one of his co-workers (Dan) go to the house they finally realize that the man was not kidding - something was breathing as they could hear the sound to the point where it seemed the house was pulsing with it and then something happens to Dan which makes John wonder what is going on. When he tries to find out more about what is in the house he realizes that he has stepped into something so evil that he could very well lose his soul as a demon lies in wait for the humans that have crossed the threshold into its lair!

Thoughts:

This book was awesome! The flow of the story just grabbed me from the get go and when I first started reading it I read a few chapters quickly as I just could not put it down. When things began to happen in the house is when the story broke wide open and I was just entranced with how quick I became involved in the storyline. 

The pace became faster and I was turning pages quickly! This story with the demon became seeped with the occult themes and the story went into total overdrive. I would have read this book faster but I was reading it with some buddies so I slowed down to a crawl (lol) but I just loved this book as a haunted house theme with demons was one scary ride into the pits of hell! 


Attached is the author, Graham Masterton, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/10275.Graham_Masterton

Attached is the author, Graham Masterton, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Graham-Masterton/e/B000APAM8K

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I got a shot-out, as the buddy slowing you down haha!! This was such a blast to read with you and others, and what a treat to read a vintage Masterton that I haven't read yet. This one goes faaaast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This hook for me as been you introducing me to this author's work! I wish I had stepped into him way before now as it seems I have been missing out! The buddy read was a total blast! :)

      Delete