Thursday, May 5, 2022

Authors I Have Discovered - Part VI



My next list of 10 authors that I have discovered in the last five years are as follows:


Jeremy Bates
(Horror)

Goodreads Author Profile: 
Amazon Author Profile:

Books Reads:

Helltown (World's Scariest Places #3)
Neighbors (The Midnight Book Club #4)

Thoughts:

I discovered this author scrolling across my feeds over on Goodreads back in 2018 - it just seemed that quite a few of my friends were reading books by this author and when I checked him out I noticed that he had quite a few books out. So my first book I read by him was "Neighbors" that I read in 2019 - that book was so good that I went on a Bates spree over on Amazon and grabbed a few more by him. I read the book "Helltown" the following year and now I have some Bates books simmering on my kindle. Actually as of this blog I am planning on reading his book Merfolk for a challenge read in one of my Goodreads groups this month.  


Patrick Reuman
(Horror)

Books Read:

A Place So Wicked
The Adirondack Witch

Thoughts:

l came across this author over on Amazon as the book "A Place So Wicked" popped up as a "suggested book" in the horror category early last year. I read the blurb on the book which sounded very intriguing so I grabbed it as I love to read about haunted house stories. I can tell you that I was not disappointed either as the story just set the tone for a great haunting. Since then I have a few more books simmering on my kindle by this author and plan to step back into his work soon. 


Ron Ripley
(Horror)


Books Read:

The Boylan House Trilogy
Ghost Stories
The Blood Contract Trilogy
Moving In (Moving In #1)

Thoughts:

I found this author by cruising around on Amazon back in 2016 - I was just going through kindle horror books and his book "Moving In" popped up. I grabbed it and really liked the story - though since then there are more books in the series which I do own but I am planning on doing a series read run this year with those books. In 2017 I read The Boylan House Trilogy within 24 hours as that is how well I liked those stories. So now I own quite a few of his books and will need to jump back into him this year. 


Ronald Malfi
(Horror)

Website of Author:
http://www.ronmalfi.com/

Books Read:

The House on Cottage Lane
The Mourning House

Thoughts:

Goodreads always seems to have book feeds of author, Ronald Malfi - his books are always scrolling across my feeds. My first book by him was "The Mourning House" and wow that took me on a scary horror ride which ended up being a five star read from me! I was still spooked a few days after reading it. I probably need to do a reread of it at some point as the scare factor was high in that book. Last year I read his book, "The House on Cottage Lane" and that book was a great Halloween read. Has quite a bit of spookiness wrapped around it even though it was real short. I have a few more of this author on my tbr which I need to jump back into at some point. 


Jeff Strand
(Horror)


Book Read:

Sick House


Thoughts:

This author kept coming across my feed quite a bit back in 2017/2018 and I went to check out his books. I read this book "Sick House" which was really good and since then I have a few more on my kindle I need to read. I have a buddy read coming up in July for his book The Odds which I am looking forward to and hopefully step into more of his work this year as well. 😊 



Jasper Bark
(Horror)

Goodreads Author Profile: 

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6569671.Jasper_Bark

Amazon Author Profile:

https://www.amazon.com/Jasper-Bark/e/B003KTACZG

Book Read:

Stuck on You

Thoughts:

With this author, I kept coming across this book - it was just popping up here and there across my feeds and it looked interesting, so I thought "what the heck" I will try it out so I did and "wow" it was great. Though it is on the extreme gag-reflex spectrum but I had a feeling that it was going to cross over into the extreme side just by looking at the cover of the book! lol   I have a couple or so more books by him on my kindle and will get back to reading his work hopefully soon! 


Michael Bray
(Horror)


Books Read:

Whisper (Whisper Trilogy #1)
Seat 6A
Hope House Chronicles Volume 1

Thoughts:

Back in 2018, I was seeing this author coming across my feed here and there so I went to see what he had out there. He wrote a haunted house story "Whisper" so I decided to try it out and I was not disappointed as I loved the story. I actually did a reread of it back in 2020 in hopes of continuing on with the trilogy but I still have not continued it yet as I became side tracked with other reads. It is on my reading schedule this year to finish out the trilogy. I then read his book "Seat 6A" which is a short read but packed a power punch - I really enjoyed that book. Then I jumped into the book "Hope House Chronicles Volume 1" which is another short story but that book too packed a punch. I have quite a few books by this author simmering on my kindle and I am hoping to get back to his work this year. 


Jeffrey Caston
(Horror)

Books Read:

Immunity
The Raven and the Eye
How the Raven Met the Angel
Food
Food: The MVP Room 
Food: Winner, Winner, Chicken _ _ _ _

Thoughts:

The first book I read by this author was Immunity and it took me on a scary twisted journey! Something different but has some "Firestarter" by King vibes to it but super advanced if that makes sense. Way more twisted I can tell you that plus it is really in-depth so I took my time reading it to absorb the story. Since then I have read "everything" that this author has out there as he has some other cool books too with extreme elements entwined within. Looking forward to whatever else he has coming next! 


Ray Garton
(Horror)

Book Read:

Ravenous

Thoughts:

This author always comes across my feeds for different books, but back in 2020 I kept seeing this book "Ravenous" come across my feeds so I went to check it out - it is about a werewolf story so I was in the mood for such a creature. I grabbed the book and "wow" I stayed wrapped in that book for a few days as I was just overrun with "fur and fangs"!  Since then I have a few more books on my kindle simmering and need to get back to his work as I loved that story so much it earned 5 stars from me. :) 


Adam Cesare
(Horror)

Book Read:

The Summer Job

Thoughts:

This author once in awhile will come across my Goodreads feeds but back in 2018 this book, "Summer Job" seemed to rolling more than usual as it kept popping up here and there with friends reading it. The book looked really good as it is about a cult out in the woods so I was in the mood for some cult activity - lol - so I decided to try the book out. I was happy that I did as it was definitely a spooky read - lots of fast paced terror and mystery. I need to step back into this author's work as he has quite a few more books that look fun! 


That is a wrap for this blog post!

Happy Reading Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment